Friday, July 11, 2014

Filled Under: ,

Welcome to my new home!

It's been a long time coming. A pro-writer blog for jennifermulligan.com. Here it is!

I've been screenwriting since late 2005 when I caught the bug by reading a book - The Way of the Screenwriter by Amnon Buchbinder. I got serious in 2010 through 2011 with an option from producer Sharon Buckingham on The Dart League Diaries, and working with Alex Epstein from Montreal as a Research Assistant.

Fast forward a few year and grey hairs later, I've have been fortunate to have my ideas picked up by local directors, and I've had the chance to work as an associate producer on some others. I also work as an AD on local short and features, I pick up extra work when I can, and write and provide notes on scripts around town. This is by far the most challenging and also the most rewarding business to be in. Lots of hard work, but the results come at the end of some long hauls. And, sometimes, you help make someone's dream come true (and maybe your own!).

I attended the Lady Filmmakers Festival in Beverly Hills and the Austin Film Festival last fall. Both great events. From there, I curated The Reel Deal: Films by women, a showcase of films by and about women, with a woman as a creative lead. The event also served as part of the fundraiser for A Clean Slate, written by Paola Del Malva and directed by Jith Paul. The first instalment of a web series.

I've seen the Ottawa community come together in a very short period of time to create some pretty amazing things. I know we can do more.

I'm very much looking forward to participating in DIGI60 SIFT this year and learning more about directing and producing from the pros. I'll be updating work her periodically, and if you ever have questions, please send me a message.

Thanks!

0 comments :